Self Paying PatientsSetting the standard for Private Healthcare...
Fixed Cost Care
Our Fixed Cost Care scheme is designed for people who wish to fund their own private healthcare directly without the use of an insurance policy. Fixed Cost Care offers a range of packages to cover treatment paths, from initial consultation through to the operation and aftercare, in one fixed price quote. This gives you the peace of mind of knowing everything you need is covered. Should you need to stay in hospital longer than initially thought and quoted for we cover the cost and this will include treatments and tests should complications occur.
The offer of Fixed Cost Care is subject to consultation and a written offer from the hospital. It will usually include:
1) Inpatient Consultant and Anaesthetist’s fees
2) All your medical and nursing care (excluding CT and MRI scans)
3) Operating fees and any drugs or dressings you require
3) Private En suite accommodation
It does not, however, include your initial outpatient consultation and the cost of follow-up consultations. Personal expenses, such as meals for visiting friends and relatives, and phone calls, will be charged as extra.
How do I pay?
Payment can be made by cheque, credit card or cash* and is required in full prior to admission. Please note that there is a clearance period of seven days for cheques.
For both Insured and Self Pay Patients
Some consultants may make their charges to you independently of the hospital - this will be made clear to you and a cheque made payable to the consultant should be sent to the address shown on the consultants letterhead.
* Please check with your local hospital as some Ramsay hospitals are no longer accepting cash. We also require cheques in advance of admission, please check with you local hospital for more information.